Year - 1985
- On April 19, 1985, a delegation of the Priyadarshni Academy, led by Mr. Nanik Rupani met President Zail Singh at Raj Bhavan in Bombay, to acquaint him with the aims and activities of the organisation.
- In October, the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Mr. Amarsinh Chaudhary became a member of the Advisory Board of the Academy. This was a matter of prestige for the organisation.
- On September 21, the First Annual Award Function was held at 'Taj Mahal Hotel'.
Year - 1986
- Family Welfare Programme Committee was instituted in February 1986 to create hygiene awareness among slum-dwellers. In the course of the year, the Academy instituted many more sub-committees to promote its various activities.
- The Academy also instituted an All-India Best Actress Award in memory of Smita Patil, to be awarded at the Annual Function of the Academy.
- An award for the Best Sportman of the year was also instituted.
Year - 1987
- The Academy, taking up cudgels against the evil system of dowry, has been campaigning vigorously against all forms of social evil by providing help including police protection, free legal aid and so on to complainants.
- On 16th of April, a special Priyadarshni Trophy was awarded to Sunil Gavaskar.
- In March 1987, Priyadarshni Academy once again started its campaign against bride burning and women harassment .
- The Music Award instituted by the Academy was renamed 'Kishore Kumar Music Award' in the memory of the great singer.
Year - 1988
- Priyadarshni Academy felicitated the visiting Russian volleyball and swimming teams at Radio Club on 20th of March.
- Narendra Hirwani, the "Man of the Match" in the ‘sharjah One-day Tournament’, was felicitated by the Academy for his superb performance.
- The Academy announced scholarships, each worth Rs. 5,000/- in English and Hindi, in honour of Fr. Aurelius Maschio, to be given to the candidates opting for teaching careers in Hindi and English.
- In April, the academy sponsored the premiere of the film "Chatran" by Gul Anand which is meant for children's entertainment.
Year - 1989
- Priyadarshni Academy sponsored a weeklong exhibition of oil paintings by Dr. Sneh Tuli.
- Mr. Inder Keswani, General Secretary, Priyadarshni Academy, was the convener of a discussion on the subject 'Current U.S. and Indian Drug Abuse Laws',that was co-sponsored by United States Information Service, (USIS) and held on March 9, 1989, at the American Center.
- 'Sindhi Sangeet Ji Sham', was organised by Priyadarshni Academy in the memory of Prof. Ram Punjwani, Mr. Bhagwanti Navani and Master Chander.
- Smt. Veena Verma, MP from Madhya Pradesh, was appointed as the Chairperson of the ‘Anti-Dowry Women's Welfare Committee’ of the Academy.
- Dr. Niranjan Hiranandani was announced as the Chairman of ‘Afforestation Committee’ of the Academy by Mr. Nanik Rupani.
Year - 1990
- With the help of ‘Jaya Charity Home’, Priyadarshni Academy organised a dance ballet 'Durga' by the renowned artiste Hema Malini and her troupe.
- The Academy provided financial help of Rs. 6,000/- to ‘Vijay Merchant Rehabilitation Centre for the disabled’ for setting up a telephone booth.
- In February 1990, the Academy presented a colour-T.V. set to the ‘Society for Children's Development’ at Dharavi.
- To encourage dance among sindhi children, the Academy provided a grant in aid up to Rs. 1,000/-.per month for a year to ‘Ulhasnagar Balkan-Ji-Bari Trust’.
- ‘Janata Seva Mandal’, a public library at lalbaug, bombay has been given the financial assistance since 1989 every month for purchasing periodicals, books and magazines.
- The ‘NRI Co-ordination Committee’ of Priyadarshni Academy was set up in this year.
Year - 1991
- A book and video cassette entitled "SIX MOMENTOUS YEARS" were released at a function at ‘Birla Matushri Sabhagraha’ in Bombay.
- Mr. Manu Daryanani was honoured by the Academy and enrolled as a Patron of the Academy.
Year - 1992
- Mr. Nanik Rupani was invited as a Guest of Honour to a training workshop on "Drugs Resistance Education Programme" at ‘Don Bosco High School’, Matunga, Bombay.
- Academy sponsored a show of the social film "Disha" for the benefit of 395 inmates by the request of the ‘National Association For The Blind’.
- Mr. R.R. Pardeshi, Dy. Director of Education and Fr. Issu Falcao, Principal of St. Joseph's School, Wadala, invited Mr. Nanik Rupani, to be the Chief Guest at the Republic Day Rally and prize distribution function of 'F North Ward School’, on 24th of January, 1992.
- Priyadarshni Academy contributed a sum of Rs. 5,000/- to ‘All India Cricket Association’ to help in organizing a cricket tournament for the handicapped.
- Priyadarshni Academy in coordination with the ‘Malabar Hill Citizens' Forum’ launched a "Tree Plantation Drive" at Priyadarshni Park on June, 1992.
- Mr. Nanik Rupani, along with Mr. Chandrakant Handore, Mayor of Bombay was invited by ‘Bombay Centre of Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya’ to attend the celebration of "Raksha Bandhan" festival and the opening of another centre at ‘Kanji Bhuwan, Shivaji Park, Mumbai’.
Year - 1993
- The Academy distributed more than 5,000 kg milk powder, 1,300 kg rajma, 1,000 kg. cooking oil, and 250 kg. sugar to about 51 institutions in Bombay, Latur and other places in Maharashtra.
- Nutrition aid was given to ‘Nair’, ‘KEM’ and ‘Sion’ hospitals of Bombay. Each adopted one municipal school in the Cheeta Camp, Malvani and Dharavi slum areas respectively.
- Mr. Mukesh N. Iyer, student of the ‘Watumull Institute of Electronic Engineering, Bombay’ was sanctioned with Rs. 5,000/- to continue with his project on Robotics.
- A music programme 'Folk Music to Classical Music' was organised on 18-11-92 by the Marathi wing of Priyadarshni Academy to commemorate the birth centenaries of late Mr. Vishnupant Damle, late Mr. Vishnupant Pagnis and late Mr. ShiMam Vashikar.
- In support of drug de-addiction programmes, the Academy paid Rs. 7,000/ - to the ‘BEST’ Undertaking to paint a bus with anti-drug messages and slogans.
- ‘The Science and Technology Committee’ was established on 2-3-1993 with the appointment of Dr. Venkatavaradan, Director of ‘Nehru Planetarium, Mumbai’, as Chairman of the Committee.
Year - 1994
- Priyadarshni Academy organized a treasure hunt for the ‘Rotaract Club’ members of 20 different colleges in Mumbai.
- January 22, 1994, was a red-letter day for Mr. Nanik Rupani. For his sterling contribution to the social welfare of downtrodden, Mr. Rupani was honoured by his college, the ‘R.D. National College’ at Bandra.
- ‘Nature Cure Academy’ felicitated and honoured senior citizens of Mumbai. Dada Sanmukh Israni presided over the function. Mr. Nanik Rupani released a book called "Key to Health" on this occasion.
Year - 1995
- On November 10, 1994, Mr. Nanik Rupani shared his thoughts on the subject; "Success is our birthright" with the members of the ‘Rotary Club, South Bombay’.
- ‘Poona Blind Men's Association’ invited Mr. Nanik Rupani as the guest of honour at their annual "White Cane Ball" fundraising programme on November 26, 1994 in Pune.
- Dr. Merchant was presented with Priyadarshini's Award for 'Prevention of Drug Addiction' in 1991 for his full co-operation to the ‘Anti- Drug Wing’ of Priyadarshni Academy.
Year - 1996
- Mr. Nanik Rupani hosted a special dinner in honour of the most prominent NRI Mr. & Mrs. Hari N. Harilela for his service to the Indian community.
- ‘Prajapita Brahmakumari Ishwariya Vishva Vidyalaya’ organised ‘23rd All India Holistic Health Spiritual Fair’ on December 27, 1995 to inculcate health awareness amongst people at Ulhasnagar. Mr. Nanik Rupani graced the occasion as Guests Of Honour.
- On March 18 ‘International Sindhi Panchayat Federation, Bombay’, ‘Presidency Radio Club’ and ‘Sindhu Cultural Association’ invited Mr. Nanik Rupani as the Guest of Honour at their ‘Cheti Chand’ and ‘Gudi Padwa Mela’ at ‘Radio Club Pier’, Colaba.
- On March 21, 1996 ISKCON invited Mr. Nanik Rupani to be the Chief Guest at ‘Lord Jagannath Rath Yatra’ at Cross Maidan.
- On April 14, Priyadarshni Academy sponsored and coordinated the first of its kind laughing competition at Priyadarshni Park, Napean Sea Road, Mumbai.
- On May 22, 1996, Mr. Nanik Rupani was invited to address the members of ‘Rotary Club of Bombay Midtown' on the subject "Success is our birthright. He cited the example of Priyadarshni Academy, which since its inception has been constantly setting higher goals for itself in its quest to serve the society and today has succeeded in making a significant contribution to it.
- Mr. Nanik Rupani participated in Dr. Yusuf Merchant's TV Chat Show on June 6, 1996 for children called "Hamari Duniya."
- Priyadarshni Academy held a press conference, on 26 June 1996 at ‘Radio Club Mumbai' to announce the opening of its new division, ‘Priyadarshini's Laughter Club International’, to promote and spread the benefits of the wonderful natural cure of laughter therapy.
- At present, there are about 100 laughter clubs all over India including 30 chapters in Mumbai, 4 in Ahmedabad, 2 in Gandhinagar Baroda, Delhi each and one club in Calcutta, Nasik and Patna each with many more chapters opening frequently.